Monday, July 8, 2013

Card of The Day: July 8th, 2013

This card that I have chosen today has a special meaning to me and many of other collectors around where I live. This card that I am talking about is the 2013 Topps #595 SP David Ortiz. The card is the one where on the front he is making the speech after the Boston Marathon bombings took place. This is very near and dear to my heart because, I live about 35 minutes from Boston and I was very shocked that anyone would do something like that. The speech is included in the link and the FCC tweeted after the speech was read. 

The card however is a great card. It was sent to me by my good friend over at Foul Bunt, William. He said it  was no problem at all to send it to me and sometimes people do things very nice for other people. Well, I will do something in return for this William. Once I receive it from the seller, I am sending you a card that I purchased off of EBAY. This card is none other than the 2013 Topps Silver Slate Blue SP #62 Tommy Hunter Card. I know that he is a BIG Orioles fan and would love this card. Just as I loved mine from him.

To finish off this post, I only have one thing to say. "This is our Fucking City."

--Erik

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME man. I'm so glad you liked the card. It was my pleasure to send it and I would do this again 100 times out of 100.

    ReplyDelete